Friday, March 7, 2014

God & Love



So many focus on the 'seriousness' of lent... giving up something... it's almost gloomy frankly. Why does it have to be so icky? The kids picked hearts out this time. Devlin picked the word, God, Byron picked Love. Isn't that what we should be celebrating? God's love for us... that his Son is about to sacrifice for all of us? To me that isn't something to be so sad about... but frankly joyous! Yes it was a struggle, but what a joyous time to know that we would be saved. It goes the same for the cross during Lent. Primarily the reason for this activity. Why not glorify the cross... adorn it... for it will bring us Salvation on Easter.

This year is the first year I'm not so focused on giving something up. Instead, I'm looking at giving to others the gift of love through donation. Some would argue, you are giving up stuff! I wouldn't say that as this stuff will clothe people, feed people, and support people who may never had gotten a job if it wasn't for non-profit donation stores. To me, I'm giving and sharing my love, the love that God gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment