Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lenten Adventures

40 Bags in 40 Days
A friend of mine posted on her Facebook page this effort that others were undertaking for Lent. It's 40 bags in 40 days, de-cluttering and simplifying your home. I thought, this is neat. Why not try something different as one of my goals for 2014 was to de-clutter our home. We have so many toys...random things...and frankly just stuff that we don't need...or use. I'm hoping this is an inspiration for others to do the same. I know a few that could definitely benefit from it.

So today, I'm taking three bags of clothes that I haven't worn in two years to Saver's. Bye bye!! Now technically these bags are from last weekend's closet clean out, but hey, it's three bags. I'll take it.

The Cross
I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to do something unique for Lent with the kids. There's tons out there for activities, but this I made up on my own. Last night, I had the kids color two pieces of wood in order to make a cross. It was interesting how Devlin had a much neater coloring pattern while Byron was all over the place. But whatever! Anyways, we then tied the two pieces together with rope. Now the activity for lent is to color one flower or one heart each day of lent and then place it on the cross. By the end of lent, the cross will be covered in flowers, signifying the beauty and life it brings into our lives and our home. I am also hoping that we'll be able to write some key words or verses on some of these flowers or hearts as we go through lent as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment