Monday, March 10, 2014

40 Days...40 bags... Continues

Today I had the day off. Primarily to finish a paper for my Master's, but after that, I took some time to chill...meaning...I took the rest of the day to de-clutter the garage. Yes, to relieve stress from writing a paper, dealing with three kids, a dog, and a husband, I cleaned the garage. I was able to fill our trash can to the top, have two more large bags of trash, and donated another 5 bags worth of stuff that we don't need. I'm finding more and more that I'm asking the question, why the heck did we keep this? and for so long? I also found a surprise in a cooler...after speaking with Alex, the items, frozen in ice, have been in there since the 4th of July. It's currently thawing out so I can deal with it...maybe by spring. There are a few larger items that have to wait until May 19th for the curbside pick-up that Farmington sponsors. Literally you can dump your unwanted items (mostly what can't be donated or recycled) on the curb and they'll pick it up for you...for free! I'm sad to place the infant carrier out there, but it's expired and beat up after three kids so it cannot be donated. The fourth kiddo is going to rock some new carrier in September for sure.

Similarly, as I'm folding clothes, I'm asking the same question and donating a few more items. Some say it'll save me some sanity in doing laundry too...well with five going on six family members in this house, I'll take what I can get.

I'm hoping to tackle the basement as well...I'm hoping the dozens of computer cords will 'go missing' with the support of Alex of course...there's stuff that's been in those totes for who knows how long. It's time to move on...I'm in the mood...so let's get rid of this stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment