Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Helping Those with Hoarding Issues

With my 40 Bag - 40 Day initiative, I joined a group on Facebook and found that many that were joining were truly hoarders. While I don't consider myself such, I do know that we tend to clutter, collect, and needed to refocus and simplify our lives. This doesn't mean I'm better than hoarders or that they are in the wrong. It means that there is more to life than stuff and it's something that I'm figuring out each and every day.

I know of a few and you know who you are hoarders or very borderline. Your place may not be a dump like you see on the TV show, but you are an organized-clean hoarder. Even then, it impacts everyone, not just yourself.

I'm including this information in an attempt to reach out to you. I may have brought up the topic before...some acknowledged and others are in denial...but the behavior continues. Many of us know of folks, including family members who experience this, so this is also for you.

Helpful Links

  1. http://www.ocfoundation.org/eo_families_of_hoarders.aspx
  2. http://www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-Parents-Who-Hoard
  3. http://health.howstuffworks.com/mental-health/mental-disorders/hoarding-signs2.htm
  4. http://childrenofhoarders.com/wordpress/?page_id=181

No comments:

Post a Comment