Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A New Dresser

Who knew that furniture would mean so much to people....well...to me actually. We have been debating on what the heck to do regarding our bedroom furniture (or lack thereof). We've contemplated spending the money to buy a bedroom set... but everytime we went to a furniture store... I cringed at the price tag. I'm sorry... but I'm not going to spend $1300+ on a bedroom set.

However, the more we talked about it...we needed something. Even after donating a huge load of clothes...we only had one dresser for the both of us...and well...frankly...that was not working so well. So...after much thought, I as able to convince Alex to check out the IKEA furniture. We have some already from IKEA...while some of it... is....well....worthless....sometimes you might find something decent. We did actually find a fairly well priced dresser and chester drawers. What amazed my husband was that it was made of REAL wood!!! It wasn't that compressed crap.

So for $800...we got both of those pieces and a desk for Alex...AND ... some curtains for our main and second floor. What a deal!

Alex was nice enough to finish putting together my dresser...that's right... MY dresser! Tonight the boys were also nice enough to behave. I put all my clothes away. What a relief! Who knew!

Unfortunately ... one of the boxes was missing a piece for Alex's dresser. So I need to run to IKEA sometime soon and deal with that! He already put his desk together and it works fairly nicely in our new office.

No comments:

Post a Comment