For a class night, you would think that I'd be exhausted and ready for sleep. However, tonight...I'm an owl. Not sure if it was the Campfire Mocha or if I'm just overly exhausted. So what was on my mind? Redesigning this blog... who knows why. Maybe it's the need or desire for change.
I also suppose this is my chance to just have some me time outside of other stuff. No work, kids are asleep, so is the husband...no chores...no homework... just some quiet me time. Or is it really me time? I'm typing to the cyber space crowd (which is lacking for this blog I'm sure). Perhaps this blog is really for my own purpose and not for others to read. Either way, I really don't care. However, that in of itself is a contradiction. Some beliefs that I have remain private and are not disclosed to the few if any, in fear of conflict. I know that some of my view points about politics and values are not "popular" in today's times...which is okay...but I rather not stir the pot so to speak.
Whatever the case, I find it interesting the desire of mankind to put thoughts out in letters... books...cyberspace... in attempt to reach out to the self in disguise. The disguise being the audience at the other end of the page. Did Burke really need Reflections for England? or was it really for himself? I think it is the latter. Not all may agree...and yes, at some degree text is written to change others... but at the same time, I think part of the text is geared towards the author. The author gains satisfaction in the work by revealing a part of his / her self, beliefs, values, and sometimes truths that are not obvious to the naked eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment