Recap
So if you haven't heard by now, Archbishop Nienstedt and the Knights of Columbus sent out a DVD to 400,000 Catholics within Minnesota.This DVD includes a speech and material to influence or remind Catholics about what the Church has defined as sacramental marriage.
Our priest, Fr. Mike,wrote a passionate yet completely rationale letter to the editor (Star Tribune) in response to this campaign. His letter was against the campaign and indicated that our Archbishop is not following in the ways of Jesus Christ.
In My Margins
I didn't get a chance to read all the stuff out there until today. So what in the world were they thinking that I would have time to watch a damn DVD? I have two young boys and a husband that is working second shift... I also work full time and go to class. They honestly think I have time for this? Time for something that as a Catholic I already know what the "Church" thinks?! Second of all, while I do believe in a sacramental marriage being between a man and a woman... I DO NOT BELIEVE this should get in the way of two people who are of the same sex and happen to love eachother. They should have the same rights as us all. Their "marriage" is not going to affect my marriage. I don't go around saying "blasphemer! --- evildoer!!" to those of this lifestyle. I actually respect them and their beliefs. This goes the same for those who are not Catholic...not Christian...etc.
Not long ago, a very faithful Catholic in our parish died of cancer. He did SO much in the ways of Christ over the past I don't know how many years. Guess what people... he was GAY and had a partner. These men displayed true servant lifestyles in Christ. Did anyone in our parish close the doors to their service? Hell no. Not only was he a part of our choir, he worked on our church bulletin...directory... and so much more.
At his funeral, there were a LOT of people there. Did anyone say "pray for his soul because he is/was gay and had a relationship with another man"...? No. They celebrated his life and prayed for God's acceptance of his soul based on his faithfulness as a servant of God.
Not only did this cost a lot of money... but it is costing the poor so much more. Instead of giving the money to food shelves...to feed people that are starving because of economic hard times...they made this DVD....Instead of giving the money to schools that are in need of materials... building rennovations...quality teachers...they made this DVD. Instead of giving this money towards sister parishs...water wells...orphanages...they made this DVD. What holy spirit inspired them that the DVD was worth more that Christian charity?
Well.. I could say so much more on this... but I have better things to do... I do know though, come Sunday, at our Parish, I will be returning the DVD into Fr. Mike's basket that he has out for us.
Fr. Mike- you are a true servant of Christ. Thank God that we have you as our mentor.
No comments:
Post a Comment