Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Fun

It's been a few weeks since I last posted on the blog...well...more than several. With summertime, life gets a bit hectic and well, outside of summer, life can be hectic. My little apprentice has one tooth now, quite visible, and quite sharp. He's also scooting himself around the room, getting into my purse, and destroying important documents, such as a bus route map for an alternative route that I was planning on trying out. He's also gotten a hold of dinner plates, scissors, forks, and much more. I'm guessing that crawling is only weeks away. He likes to stand though. He can sit up on his own and pull himself up with just fingers to hold on to. He can put himself on this fingers and tippy toes, making a baby bridge. He also now talks a little bit by saying "Barhy barhy brayh brayh" it's really cute when you get him worked up to talk. He also is laughing a lot. The chicken dance is a good one to get him laughing.

So far this summer we've taken our son to a Twins game and Rolla, MO to see his great grandparents. Both events were great. We saw a good friend (Devlin's godfather) and in Missouri, Devlin got to see family that he probably won't see much. I made sure to take lots of pictures in Missouri, but somehow, I forgot to take the camera to the Twins game. I guess, we'll have to go again!

I debated about going with my husband to Michigan for the golf trip, but decided, I'm done travelling for the summer. I think Devlin is too. We have for the rest of the summer, more family visits, the Pierce County Fair, Ren Fest, and probably a Pyro fest.

I can't believe it's almost over though. Aisles of school supplies are already staged in local stores, an evil reminder to students that school approaches once again. And it approaches once again for me. I was really hoping to finish my Masters this year, but the class I need is full and no one is allowed to add.

Regardless of my woes and joys, I'm going to do my best to make the best of the summer that remains. I wish it would rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment