Monday, July 20, 2009

Drive-Thru Difference

98.5, KTIS is the best radio station. I can't help but listen and smile. It's the first radio station that I listened to that didn't broadcast sex, violence, and gossip. Long ago, I remember listening to the station and hearing about the Drive-Thru Difference. I thought, "how nice." I never participated until about 6 months ago. I was having a crappy day and just didn't feel all that great about things. Next I know, I decided to participate in this campaign. This had not only made my day, but the day of several others. Since then, I've made it a habit. Not only on the "Drive-Thru Difference" day, but random days when I'm not feeling all great about what's going on or just having a rough day. I've learned to listen to people a lot more and closely. I've learned to observe their emotions closely. I've become a little more sensitive too. I still have my opinions about the bums sitting off of Nicollet with their "Feed Me" signs and their nice new shoes. I thought about getting some business cards with some great words of wisdom, but that may be a bit inappropriate, I don't know. I always thought it'd be a good idea to keep gift cards for McDonald's or some other fast food restaurants on hand to give out.

Either way, I'm glad that I've participated in Drive-Thru Difference and as well as "Prayer Works." I hope to share these things with my son in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment