Monday, June 22, 2009

Summertime Fun

June 13th, the whole crew went to Joyful Noise, a festival put on by KTIS. It's a Christian festival in its first year. It was held at Blaine's Sport Center. We had several friends come with and I'm so glad we decided to go.

Joyful Noise was really about joyful noise. It was clean, family friendly, and we were surrounded by folks with similar values. This isn't something I'd ever see my dear Technical Director at, but he enjoyed himself. Our little apprentice enjoyed it too!

Devlin had his first carosuel ride in addition to his concert experience. Elizabeth, our friend's daughter, also rode the carousel. She was shaking the pole, go faster! go faster! It was just adorable. I was able to visit with my girlfriends who I had not seen in a long time. Especially, Missy. We use to hang out in high school, but then she moved. Things changed, life changed. But when I found out she moved back, I was estactic and ready to make our friendship change for the better. Lindsey and Jake moved back (Elizabeth's parents) from North Carolina, which is awesome. Missy is Jake's sister (background information here). Lindsey and I have been friends since Middle School. As you can see, Middle School is much more important than high school (lack of capitalization). High school was great, but not as great as Middle School. There, I had defining moments. There, I found my closest friends, who are still to this day. Well, except for one of them, maybe two or three actually. One, I wish I could get a hold of to check on her...we were all concerned about her after graduation, but she moved on and out of visibility. The others, life just got in the way.

Joyful noise brought out a lot in us. First, it made Alex realize that I really enjoy Christian music. Why? Well, I didn't at first. Lindsey had a hand in that and a nurse. Lindsey has always been inspirational in the spiritual department. The nurse, I have no idea who she is, but when I scheduled an appointment once, she said, "did you know it's name day, and your name is up?!" I couldn't figure it out and asked. She said, "Name day, on KTIS." So I looked it up and have been hooked ever since.

KTIS has brought a lot into my life. They provide great music that does not promote violence, adultery, theft, covetting, etc. It's just clean and good music. I no longer listen to KS95 and have felt much happier on the way home from work.

Also, at Joyful noise, we heard from a comedian that does clean comedy. Granted, some of the jokes are questionable, but overall it was clean. We laughed so hard.

Granted, on the way home, we were not laughing. Devlin screamed the whole way home. It was such a long ride. I think it was the silence shock. Being around loud music, lots of people, and all the other stuff, and then suddenly, wham! silence, freaked him out.

I hope they do this again next year. Check out the Photo Album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment