In September I took one of the hardest tests I've ever taken...well.. not necessarily, as the GRE was probably the hardest. Anyways, I took the Certified IRB Professional Exam. The CIP consists of 250 questions. You have to get at least 182 right in order to pass. I originally was suppose to take it on March 20th, but it came so close to my due date (Byron was born on March 23, 2010). I kept getting a feeling that he would appear, so I just wasn't able to take it then. In any case, I studied my butt off. Not only studied, but tried to apply it too. So in September on a sunny Wednesday morning... I stepped into the exam office. I was nervous... who wouldn't be? The fact that if I failed I would be embarrassed ...well and frankly failed my own confidence in the material I work with everyday. But more so the environment...if I had failed...it would have been so awkward. Anyways, I took it and felt okay about it. I knew there were questions that I didn't know...especially around clinical research as that is not what I work with everyday.
Earlier today I put a Facebook notice saying that I should receive the results in about two weeks. Later, when I got home, there was the envelope...in the mail...just waiting. I was so nervous. I decided...might as well open it now rather than later. And I did. I wonder what my neighbors thought when I screamed, "YES!" and started to wave my arms in the air. Well, I wonder what Devlin thought when I was all crazy and clapping his hands together to say "mommy did it!" He laughed.
So yes... I passed. It was a huge relief and accomplishment. I got proud score of 201 out of 250. 80.4% is not bad considering I am a horrible test-taker. I walked out of an AP exam in high school and also didn't show up for the SAT. Surprisingly, I taught students how to take the exam after my college years. Maybe it was because I didn't want other students to experience them the way I did... or that I didn't want them to feel the way I did.
Anyways, cheers. I can now put CIP behind my name. That is pretty darn cool if you ask me!
YES!!!!!
ReplyDelete