Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"Jesus Take the Wheel..."

With the holidays approaching, I'm praying that Jesus will take the wheel. It's a great song if you haven't heard it before. Things are up in the air on a few things and I'm wondering if I'm being way too optimistic that things are going to turn out, because of my faith, or if I'm in denial about the reality of the situation. Who knows!!! These aren't bad things, so don't flip out on me here. It's just finance stuff, the house, Alex's job, daycare stuff, school... I really want to finish my master's next year, but we can't afford me to take an additional class to finish up. I want to do more with a nonprofit or something, but there's not a lot of time... And on another note, no offense to my family, but I hate how they celebrate Christmas. Why can't we do name gifts? Or something else...it's so fricken expensive to buy for everyone...and frankly, that's not what Christmas is suppose to be about. We have stuff...there are so many families that don't...yet...people spend, spend, spend, on eachother in my family, and frankly, it's ridiculous. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but, I wish we all could just get together for Christmas and hang out...no actual presents...just chill. That would be the greatest gift of all. But, I'm going to leave this rant, and let Jesus take the wheel...

No comments:

Post a Comment