Recently, a little girl, Kayleigh died. It was tragic. Her dad wrote in his blog that the tears really came when they realized the carseat would be empty, and she would never be coming home. Aimee and Adam, while horribly saddened by their daughter's death, have been praising God for bringing Kayleigh into their lives for the 11 months she did live. Yet, this keeps coming up. Why would God make babies suffer like this? How can they praise God for her death?
"We should not be stricken with depression when there was not a single thing bad about what Kayleigh did for us in this past year. She is nothing short of a miracle. We are so blessed to be her parents and to share her story with so many people. Kayleigh has touch all of our lives and we couldn't be more happier than that. " -Adam
I'm sure in the back of their minds, they are upset. However, why not praise God? Kayleigh was a one pound miracle. Her life may have been short, but she taught many to pray, to count their blessings while her life was crumbling before her parents eyes. If we have this life here on earth why be angry. We have a choice. The choice is yours to make.
A friend of mine said she got hooked on blogs like this and started to cry reading over all of the heart breaking posts, children not making it, parents struggling to move on. My response, it's okay to cry. We're made to be compassionate. Yet, instead of reading the blogs and spending time at the computer crying, do something. Go be a part of March of Dimes, go volunteer at a hospital to hold the wee ones, the parents, the hospital staff. Do something. Live.
Many asked me whether or not I think God makes children suffer. My answer is no. God is the comforter. It's more complicated than that, but I can't explain it. I know that when I have suffered, my God was beside me, through my husband, my friends, my son, and everything I see, touch, and taste. Through Kayleigh and many others, I realized again that we have a choice. To anger or to rejoice. I choose to rejoice in any suffering.
If you check out their blog, they have amazing photos and a tear wrenching video memorializing Kayleigh. http://kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment