Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Perspective

Life can be placed into perspective when you read. Whether you are reading a fictional story about a family learning to be a family or a true story about a family learning to rely on faith during the hardest, most challenging time of their lives.

As I read about Stellan day in and day out, I look at my son and wonder if I would ever be able to be as strong as MckMamma. Could I look into my son's eyes and say "everything will be okay, as it is in God's hands now"? Could I let God be the decision maker in my son's life? The answer is not known. However, what I do know is that it is possible to lean on God. It is possible to have a circle of support that encompasses countries that I have never traveled.

Yet, the other day, a friend, whose faith I'm not totally sure of, asked, "Why would God let babies suffer like this?" While, I knew in my heart that I don't think God has a hand in causing "pain and suffering," I had a hard time answering her. This is not something that can just be read from a book. The answer lies within the heart. Companionship with Christ/God is far more complex that saying "He who controls everything." I believe the God has a plan for every person. It is how we chose to live within that plan that is important. If a child falls ill, rather than wasting time blaming God, why not cherish the child while their time on Earth is still evident?

MckMamma's blog has really opened a whole new world to me about pain and suffering, and above all faith. While she has shown signs of anger, restlessness, weakness, and exhaustion, she still stands firm in her faith, in her beliefs, in her son. That is a sign of greatness, of real greatness.

This brings to mind a group that I belong to, The Power of Prayer. While each day might be a struggle for some, this group focuses on how we must Praise Him in this Storm no matter how violent it may get. These women have brought me from the foundations of Christ to the body of Christ and how to live in the Gospel as a servant to not only my family, but to others.

My view on life has changed. Lately, with the economy not-so-great, instead of worrying about finances I decided life is too short. Why worry day in and day out about whether or not we'll be debt free in the next 5 years? Why worry about paying off the credit card within a year? Why not just take that trip that you've talked about for years? Life is too short. If we wait and wait and wait until we can "afford" it, it may be too late. Why wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment