Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
Today, I am weak. Weak from exhaustion, weak from the toils of this earth, weak for the unanswered prayers. So many suffer day in and day out from illness, poverty, sinful actions, and so much more that I cannot put it into words or the words would fill the server beyond capacity. Is there a limit, I wonder...

Today, I read about a little girl named Kayleigh. She is a preemie of preemies and was born too early. I read her mom's blog for the first time today from a suggestion of another mother in need of prayers but asking "pray for her instead..." Kayleigh apparently had some surgery and has had complications believing to be from a stroke and it looks like she's brain dead. The doctors don't know what happened. Reading her mom's post, pleading for prayers, pleaing before God and the online community to save her daughter, to save her hope for a miracle.

Today, I wonder why things like this happen to such innocent beings. Kayleigh has not had a chance to be tempted by sin, she is just an innocent infant. A small fingerprint, but such an overpowering presence to many.

Today, I think about baby Stellan. How amazing his journey has become, how amazing his life will be whatever happens.

Today, I think of how blessed we are to have a healthy son. No problems have come and I don't think we have thanked God lately for that. I don't think we've thought about this either.

Today, I thank God for teaching us to be thankful for what we have and thankful for mothers like this willing to pour out their sufferings for all to see. Yet, I am not thankful that mothers like this have to do this in order for us to say our own blessings. It should not be at the cost of another small child, cradled in her parents arms.

All I know is this from Casting Crowns to "make sense of it all...Just love Her like Jesus and carry her to Him. His yoke is easy, His burden is light" (Love them Like Jesus)

No comments:

Post a Comment