Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Real Home...

Pardon my ramblings, but a real home is on my mind.

So every now and then I just check out the houe listings to see what's out there. A couple months ago, I found this house, moved on, thinking, it will not be there tomorrow. It's a Victorian ish house with beautiful siding. It unlike so many houses these days has character. Anyways, so last night, I was looking again, and bam, there it was, a little cheaper, but still there. I showed Alex the house and said, "this is it." He agreed. It's in a perfect neighborhood, right near a park, and is on a dead end street away from highways, but close enough so we can get to work. IT'S PERFECT. One problem. We're stuck in our townhome. We'd have to make those improvements: the floor, finish the kitchen, and get a cheap refrigerator so that the appliances match. Also, we don't have any money for a down payment or to pick up the loss on this townhome. But God, I want this house. I have never felt that way about a home. Our current place has been a great starter, but there are problems structurally, the construction company was a fraud, so who knows what is going to happen with this place. Also, the association fees are just ridiculous. We'd be paying less for this new house without these fees and the deck assessment. God I want this house. It has four bedrooms, four bathrooms, a full basement, fire places, great family living spaces. Most of all, it has a beautiful backyard. The boys would be so happy there. I can see it. God I want this house. How though? How could we possibly achieve this dream? Alex said last night that it is just a dream. There's no way for us to get this house. I get that. And I know we're both fairly bummed about this. We could finally be home. The townhome has been great, but really, it's not a home. We have no control over our connected neighbors, the neighborhood is not that great, and it's just not home. This is home. It's sad that as I write this, I'm tearing up, because I found our home, but it will just stay a dream unless some miracle happens. God I want this house. I wish we could just do this.

With a potential increase in salary for the both of us, we could make this work. Heck, it would work because the association would be gone. We could make this work. God I want this house.

Well, you're probably wondering, what does it look like? Here's the link. http://www.edinarealty.com/Listing/ListingDetail.aspx?listing=42797230&Popup=1

No comments:

Post a Comment