Wednesday, October 28, 2009

26 years...

26 Accomplishments
  1. Born (minor detail right?)
  2. Graduated high school in the top ten of my class (I was or am an obsessed intellectual)
  3. Graduated with a bachelor's degree (Not with the degree I first planned to have, but I'm proud with the change)
  4. Spoke at my Bachelor graduation (one of my dreams-check)
  5. Published two papers at Liberal Arts conferences (one which landed me in Hawaii)
  6. Stayed out of jail (yes, I'm innocent)
  7. Stayed away from addictions and drugs (Not an easy thing when you grew up in Red Wing, MN)
  8. Employed (not at SA...!)
  9. Married (to a wonderful person)
  10. Mother (to a cute, destructive creature, my son--that is! And another creature on the way...)
  11. Able to let material items go (even some that I've kept for years)
  12. Listener, (have the ability to listen I think)
  13. My own home (no renting, not that it's a bad thing, I just wanted to finally own a home)
  14. Still has childhood friends (even a gal from 4th grade, though we don't talk much)
  15. Found a faith I can believe in (long story)
  16. Survived several potential death experiences (who hasn't?)
  17. Found a radio station I believe in (KTIS all the way..)
  18. Bought her own car... twice (with hubby's help of course)
  19. Can cook... bake... (with the help of a recipe sometimes)
  20. Can play the piano and clarinet (time to replace those reeds...)
  21. Can write about life without censorship
  22. Survived some fairly rough times as a kid and an adult
  23. Got her passport (needs to find somewhere to use it---other than Canada)
  24. Is good at nature photography (this is an obsession...that is now under control for the time being)
  25. Completing a Master's degree in a field I enjoy
  26. Can sing (I miss the choir!)
26 Desires
  1. Would like to figure out family history (including the drama)
  2. Would like to take a few trips...(Japan, Ireland, Egypt, Rome..just to name a few)
  3. Would like to purchase a new home (that is not a town home!)
  4. Would like to embrace prayer in our home (work in progress)
  5. Would like to have one week where my home doesn't look like a mess-ter piece
  6. Would like to be in the choir again... (maybe when the kids are 4 yrs old... ha.)
  7. Would like to be a catechist again... (more like Director maybe of faith formation)
  8. Would like her laptop to STOP being such a pain (probably because it news a cleaning and less baby action)
  9. Would like to get a second degree in Theology or Catholic Studies... make that three degrees with an additional degree in Higher Education (I'd be in school forever if I could)
  10. Would like to get a dog... (I miss my doggies)
  11. Would like to save money for my children and their education (please no public school)
  12. Would like to save money for a retirment (maybe at 60?)
  13. Would like to have a cabin up north and canoe on the weekends (I miss the outdoors...city life is so different)
  14. Would like to pan out the biological father side of things (though I know this won't happen...too risky)
  15. Would like to participate in crisis centers for pregnant women, battered women and children
  16. Would like to actually commit to my art/craft projects and actually finish them
  17. Would like to make more trips down south to see the grandparents
  18. Would like to publish a creative nonfiction story I wrote last year in a magazine
  19. Would like to pay off debts (I hate debt, who doesn't?)
  20. Would like to make more meals at home (that are not Hamburger Helper)
  21. Would like to take the hubby out on more date nights (but not to Where the Wild Things are..that was a horrible movie)
  22. Would like to sit in the grass (or snow) more often...
  23. Would like to get rid of tv...
  24. Would like to have the ability to go biking more
  25. Would like to have a gym membership again
  26. Would like to be a professor (maybe in about 8 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment