Sunday, April 26, 2009

RaR! or "Roar"


Hear me roar! RaR!
So I was wondering what was in the hope chest...I had stored a whole bunch of clothes "for later" but I couldn't remember "how" later that meant. So I opened it up, and wow. There was a whole pile of baby clothes for my little apprentice, including this dino or dragon (not sure which) costume. My husband thought it was still too big for our apprentice, but after trying to get the hood on him, found out it is almost too small! It was cute though! So I thought I better document it.
Well, there was several outfits that he could never wear, so I ended up making another box of "too small." I've been debating on what to do with the clothes. It'd be nice to make a buck on them, but at the same time I also want to just donate them. I thought, perhaps going to Once Upon a Child, but they overcharge people during the resale. That's just not right. So I thought, what about a garage sale? Eh...that'd be too much of an effort. Besides, that would mean pricing, sorting, just too much work.
Our church is having a donation drive for baby and maternity stuff on May 10th. I thought, that'd be perfect. The clothes would go to single-to-be moms or struggling families who cannot afford much. That seems more appropriate. As nice as it would be to have some cash, I think, these folks think the same thing. So I think that will be the plan. Right now I have two boxes jammed full and I'm sure I could get one more box full if I finish going through the closet. I can't believe that he use to be as big as my forearm. Now, he's as long as my entire arm. What a dino!
He's got a RaR too... voice I mean. He's learned to squeal (not necessarily what a dino would say) and scream at high-pitch. He also loves to grumble. That's more like a dino I think, a baby dino.

No comments:

Post a Comment